Inspired by Franchisees McDonald’s USA Shows Appreciation to Corporate Restaurant Employees with Bonuses
McDonald’s restaurant employees have been and will continue to be our primary focus through this crisis. They are vital to serving our customers and supporting our communities. Throughout this crisis, they’ve been there - managing through waves of uncertainty and never wavering in their commitment. Beyond that, so many of our franchisees are providing enhanced compensation programs – appreciation pay, bonuses, gift cards and more – to show people how much they’re valued. These actions and many others show our people that we care about their safety, security, and well-being.
Inspired by the actions of so many of our franchisees, McDonald’s USA is showing our appreciation to every corporate owned restaurant employee by offering bonuses, which will equal 10 percent of pay earned in May. This is in addition to a number of steps our corporate restaurants have been taking throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to support our employees, including:
- Nearly 50 new safety procedures, like protective barriers, wellness checks, masks and gloves
- Paid sick leave if they are impacted by COVID-19
- Doubled first quarter incentive bonuses to qualifying restaurant managers, which range from $800-$4,000
- Provided a 24/7 Blue Cross Blue Shield nurses hotline for employees and their families
- Provided employee assistance and emotional support counselling sessions for employees and their families
Our restaurants remain open and continue to serve meals to our frontline heroes who are working hard in communities across the country. This bonus is another way we can appreciate our restaurant employees who make it all possible.