The MONOPOLY Game at McDonald’s Returns Sept. 30
New prizes include experiences with celebrity athletes, $100,000 cash through “Free Parking,” and a top prize of $1,000,000
OAK BROOK, Ill. (Sept. 25, 2014) – The 22nd edition of MONOPOLY at McDonald’s is back at participating McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S. With one in four odds of winning*, this year’s prizes include exclusive experiences, luxury vacations, and cash prizes up to $1 million**, in addition to McDonald’s menu items. The program begins Sept. 30 and continues until Oct. 27 in restaurants, and online at www.PlayAtMcD.com until 11:59:59 pm ET Nov. 10.
New this year, customers can play for the chance to instantly win experiential prizes such as attending a game or race and meeting a celebrity athlete including LeBron James, Patrick Kane, Alex Morgan and Jamie McMurray. Customers can also win $100,000 instantly if they find the new “Free Parking” Game Stamp on Large Fries, Big Mac, Bacon Clubhouse or Filet-O-Fish. Additionally, McDonald’s is giving away $10,000 to those who collect Water Works and Electric Company to help pay their utility bills for a year.
Other prizes include $5,000 Target shopping experiences with early access to the Black Friday in-store sale, Shell Fuel for a Year, trips for two to Super Bowl XLIX, Redbox movie or game rentals, VIZIO 50” Class P-Series Ultra HD Smart TVs and Beaches Resort Luxury Included Caribbean Vacations.
MONOPOLY Game Pieces can be found on many menu items including the Premium McWrap, Big Mac, Bacon Clubhouse Sandwiches, Filet-O-Fish, 10 and 20-piece Chicken McNuggets, Medium (16 oz.) and Large (20 oz.) Hot McCafé Beverages, Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, Hash Browns, Egg White Delight McMuffin, Egg McMuffin, Sausage McMuffin with Egg (excludes Sausage McMuffin), Large (6 oz.) Fries and Medium (21 oz.) Fountain Drinks.
“MONOPOLY at McDonald’s is a favorite that our customers love and look forward to,” said Douglas Freeland, marketing director for McDonald’s USA. “And with one in four odds, everyone has a real shot at winning.”
Customers can participate in MONOPOLY at McDonald’s in the following ways:
Pre-Promotion and Online Sweepstakes:
Fans can join the Game’s pre-promotion fun by entering the FREE code “McDMONOPOLY” at the Official Website (www.PlayAtMcD.com) beginning on Sept. 23, 2014. If the FREE code is entered between Sept. 23 and Sept. 29, they will receive one entry into the Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes for a chance to win $10,000 and one entry into the Online Sweepstakes for a chance to win $50,000. One potential winner of the Pre-Promotion Sweepstakes for $10,000 will be selected in a random drawing on or about Oct. 7, 2014. One potential winner of the Online Sweepstakes for $50,000 will be selected in a random drawing on or about Nov. 18, 2014.
Throughout the promotional window, fans are invited to join in online by following McDonald’s Facebook page and @McDonalds on Twitter. #McDMonopoly will facilitate conversations, allowing them to track updates on winners and converse about the game in general.
As in years past, customers will be able to play and win the 2014 MONOPOLY Game at McDonald’s in a variety of ways:
- In-Restaurants: The 2014 MONOPOLY Game is available at participating McDonald’s restaurants starting Sept. 30 through Oct. 27, or while supplies last. Players can peel Game Pieces from select menu items to collect property sets for a chance to win a $5,000 Target shopping experience with early access to the Black Friday in-store sale, Beaches Resorts vacations, cash rewards up to $1 million**, and many other exciting prizes.
- In-Restaurants Instant Win: Players can peel Game Pieces from select menu items to instantly win prizes such as cash, McDonald’s menu items, a chance to meet LeBron James, Patrick Kane, Alex Morgan or Jamie McMurray, and more.
- Online Instant Win: Each MONOPOLY Collect & Win and Instant Win Food Prize Game Stamp contains a unique game code valid for one online game play for another chance to instantly win.
- Online Sweepstakes: Starting Sept. 30 through Nov. 10, players can enter their McDonald’s FREE Code and/or Game Codes at www.PlayAtMcD.com for one entry into the Online Sweepstakes for the chance to win $50,000.
The MONOPOLY Game at McDonald’s is open to residents of the U.S., Canada, Guam and Saipan. For complete details and Official Game Rules, visit www.PlayAtMcD.com.
* Odds are based on Game Pieces (each has two Game Stamps); mostly food prizes.
** $1 million payable $50,000 per year for 20 years without interest.
McDonald’s USA, LLC is the leading foodservice provider in the United States, serving a variety of wholesome food made from quality ingredients to more than 27 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local business men and women. Customers can now log online for free at any of the 11,000 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter (@McDonalds) and Facebook (Facebook.com/McDonalds) for updates on our business, promotions, and products.
Trademarks and/or registered trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
Jessie Khalil, McDonald’s USA, firstname.lastname@example.org, (630) 623-2399
Kristen Wells, McDonald’s USA, email@example.com, (630) 623-2901