McDonald’s One-Of-A-Kind Headquarters Restaurant Launches Next Rotation of its Global Menu
New Menu Items Include France’s Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger and Wasabi Shake Shake Fries from Hong Kong
New favorites from around the world are now on the menu at McDonald’s new restaurant on the ground floor of its corporate headquarters in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood.
Starting this week, customers can enjoy new global menu items from countries including Germany, France, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, Germany and Italy.
“Customers’ enthusiasm for our first global menu exceeded our expectations and we look forward to showcasing these new flavors from around the world in this exciting, one-of-a-kind restaurant,” said McDonald’s Owner/Operator Nick Karavites.
The new global menu features:
- The Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger from France, a quarter pound burger served on a toasted artisan bun, topped with a slice of natural blue cheese, grilled onions, two slices of bacon and blue cheese sauce.
- Wasabi Shake Shake Fries from Hong Kong, McDonald’s World Famous Fries with a wasabi seasoning packet served with a bag for customers to shake the fries and seasoning packet together.
- The Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from Australia, a buttermilk crispy chicken patty topped with bacon, lettuce, white cheddar cheese, a dry slaw mix, mayonnaise and buffalo sauce, all served on a toasted artisan bun.
- The ‘Keep Calm, Caesar On’ Salad from Canada, a mix of premium lettuces, topped with shaved parmesan cheese, bacon bits, roasted garlic focaccia croutons and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken; offered with Caesar dressing or your choice of dressing.
- The ‘I’m Greeking Out’ Salad from Canada, a mix of premium lettuces, topped with sliced cucumbers, red pepper strips, crumbled feta, seasoned couscous, herb and garlic pita chips, and a choice of sliced grilled or crispy chicken; offered with Greek dressing or your choice of dressing.
- The Sausage McMuffin TS from Germany, TS stands for tomato salad and is served on a toasted English muffin with McDonald’s sausage patty, American cheese, tomato slice, shredded lettuce and McDeluxe sauce – a tangy brown mustard mayo. The Sausage McMuffin TS is available all day.
- The Baci McFlurry from Italy, McDonald’s vanilla soft serve swirled with a Baci candy sauce of creamy chocolate and hazelnut bits.
In addition to the rotating global menu, the restaurant also serves up classic menu items including the Big Mac, the new fresh beef Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets and McDonald’s World Famous Fries. Additionally, a Latin American-style dessert center offers delicious desserts including crunchy sugar cones topped with creamy soft serve available in vanilla, chocolate or twist varieties, as well as other sweet treats from around the world.
The more than 6,000-square-foot restaurant is one of the latest McDonald’s Experience of the Future (EOTF) restaurants designed to dramatically transform the customer experience with modern designs, self-order kiosks, table service, mobile order and payment, McDelivery with Uber Eats and enhanced hospitality. The restaurant also features outdoor seating, and an ever-changing wall map with Golden Arches that illuminate when an item from a specific country is featured on the menu, and An Australian McCafé area serving up expertly brewed coffee crafted by McDonald’s trained baristas.
Located at 1035 W. Randolph St. the restaurant is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 37,000 locations in over 120 markets. Over 90 percent of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business men and women.